RAL Regional Juried Photography Exhibition
January 4 - February 7, 2019
Call Deadline: December 5, 2018 (5pm)
Artist Notification: by December 12, 2018 (5pm)
The Rehoboth Art League has hosted annual juried photography exhibitions in January since 2016. Due to the increasing interest in this field, by both artists and the community, this year we have expanded the scope of the previous exhibitions by inviting all regional artists living in Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, New Jersey, and Washington D.C. to participate.
- Tubbs and Corkran Galleries Receptions and Events
- Opening Reception: Friday January 4, 2019, 5-7pm
- Gallery Talk, From the Juror with Alida Fish: Saturday January 5, 2019, 2-3pm
- Educational Component: TBA
Contact: Jay Pastore, Artistic Director
- Due to the success of our past annual photography exhibitions, the Rehoboth Art League is expanding this year’s exhibition to include all artists living in DE, MD, VA, NJ, PA, and DC as eligible to participate.
- There is no theme for this exhibition.
Juror and Awards Judge
Alida Fish received a BA degree from Smith College, Northampton, Massachusetts, and an MFA in photography from the Rochester Institute of Technology, NY. She is Professor Emerita at The University of the Arts, Philadelphia, where she served as Chair of the Media Arts Department, and later Interim Dean of the College of Art, Media, and Design. She is currently the President of Fish Studios, LLC.
Her photographs have been exhibited throughout the United States in galleries and museums including The Philadelphia Museum, The Delaware Art Museum, The Portland Museum, The Albright-Knox, The Pennsylvania Academy, The Santa Barbara Museum, and The Florence Griswold Museum. She has received numerous grants including an Individual Fellowship from the National Endowment for the Arts and the Masters Award from the Delaware State Arts Council. She has been sponsored as a resident artist by many institutions including The American Academy in Rome, Anderson Ranch in Colorado, and Visual Studies Workshop in Rochester, New York. She serves on the Board of Trustees for Penland School of Crafts.
- The Delaware Beach Life, First Place Award – Five hundred dollars ($500.00), and the opportunity to have a solo exhibition in 2020, concurrent with the 2020 RAL Regional Juried Photography Exhibition.
- The Packard-Reath, Second Place Award – Two-hundred fifty dollars ($250.00)
- Third Place Award - One-hundred fifty dollars ($150.00)
- Artists receive a commission payment of sixty-five percent (65%) of the sales price for works sold during this exhibition. Checks are mailed to the artists no later than the end of the second week of the month following a sale.
- Following the exhibition: Artists must pay the Rehoboth Art League a commission payment of thirty percent (35%) of the sales price for any work sold to a buyer who was first introduced to it while on display during this exhibition.
Submission Requirements (General)
- Each artist may submit up to three (3) works for review.
- Only online entries will be reviewed.
- Original images must have been taken no earlier than November 1, 2016.
- Works must be available to be on display throughout the entire length of this exhibition.
- There are not size limitations for works entered into this call.
- Works must have never been displayed at the Rehohboit League.
Online Submission Image Requirements
- Submission images must be less than 4MB (each)* and have a minimum dimension length of 1960px**
- * For image files over 4MB: Check out this instructional video that reviews how to resize an image file using both Mac and Windows operating systems. If after watching this video you are still unable to resize your file, attach the file(s) to an email directed to the Artistic Director with a request to resize it/them. Once resized, the files will be returned by email.
- **Don't panic If you are unfamiliar with how to determine the pixel dimensions of a file. ArtCall is designed to adjust over 95% of all submissions to the proper specifications required for the juror. Continue to enter your submission(s) by following the step-by-step instructions provided by ArtCall. Art league staff review submissions as they come in and will contact you if there is are any problems. If you desire, following the completion of your submission(s), contact Jay Pastore and he will review your submission(s) and notify you of his findings.
- The Artistic Director has the right to remove any works from display whose presentation is felt to be unprofessional. This includes the type and condition of the
frame, mat, and glass.
- All works must be wall-hung ready, with a wire.
- Artists are responsible for the security of the wires placed on their works.
- Artists will be asked to rewire works that the Artistic Director feel are unstable and for all works that have exposed wires while hanging.
- In advance of idelivery ,Artist must alert the Artistic Director of works that have hanging requirements/elements other than a wire, and for any work with a frame size larger than 2400 sq. inches (I.e., larger than 60” x 40”).
- If you have never registered to an RAL juried exhibition: Click the "Register" button located in the upper right corner of this page.
- If you have entered a Rehoboth Art League Call for Entry within the past three years using this program: Click the "Login" button and enter your email and password.
If you forgot your password click "Forgot Password" to reset.
- Following Login: You will be asked to provide your personal contact information and to pay the registration fee of $20.00 by credit card. If you would like to pay by check, contact Jay Pastore.
- Once your registration is completed you will be directed to enter your submissions. Note: You are not required to enter any or all of your submissions and/or their attributes at this time.
- Following registration: “Login” to this call at any time prior to the Call Deadline to enter and/or edit your submissions. This includes the ability to both deleting a previously entered submission and replacing it with another.
- *NOTE: Based upon the security settings of your computer or server and/or those set by your internet carrier, emails from ArtCall (artcall.org) may be filtered into you SPAM or JUNK folders. Contact the Artistic Director if You do not receive an email confirming your registration shortly following its completion.
Delivery of Exhibition Works
- Exhibition works (drop-off or shipped) must be delivered to: The Rehoboth Art League, 12 Dodds Lane, Rehoboth Beach, DE, 19971, by the Delivery Deadline.
- Delivery Deadline (drop-off or shipped): December 31, 2018 (3:30pm)
- Delivery Dates: December 13 – 31, 2018, during the designated times posted below.
- Please note: The Gallery is closed on Dec. 25, 2018
- Delivery Times: Monday - Saturday, 10am – 3:30pm; Sunday, noon – 3:30pm.
- The Artistic Director must approve delivery dates and times that fall outside these parameters.
Pick-up of Works Following Exhibition Close
- Pick-up of Dates*: February 11 – 25, 2019
- Pick-up Times: *Tuesday - Saturday,10am – 3:30pm; Sunday, noon – 3:30pm.
- *The gallery is closed on Mondays from Jan 1 – April 30, 2019.
- The Artistic Director must approve pick-up dates and times that fall outside these parameters.
- The Rehoboth Art League is not responsible for the return of any artwork if unclaimed or when no arrangements have been made.
- Works remaining in the gallery following the Pick-up Deadline are subject to a storage fee of five dollars ($5.00) / day / piece, unless the Artist and Artistic Director have mutually agreed to other arrangements. To avoid any fees, contact the Artistic Director in advance of the deadline for any extenuating circumstances.
- Works remaining at the RAL after two (2) months following the close date of this exhibition will be forfeited to the Rehoboth Art League, unless the Artist and Artistic Director have mutually agreed to other arrangements. Sales of these works will support exhibition programming at the art league.
- Damages: The Rehoboth Art League makes every attempt to transfer and hang artworks with extreme care and is not responsible for any damage that may occur.
- Unless the Artistic Director is otherwise notified at the time of submission, the Artist gives permission to the Rehoboth Art League to use any submission image, whether or not selected by the juror to be included into the exhibition, on its website, social media posts, internal brochures and the press for promotional purposes only. The Rehoboth Art League recognizes that the Artist maintains copyright of their images and agrees to clearly post an image credit, noting the Artist name and title of the work.
By registering and submitting works into this call for entry, you agree to the above terms and conditions.
Image Credit: Danny Schweers, Twilight, 2017, archival pigment print, 26.7"x 40." Winner: Second Place Award,Third Annual RAL Juried Photography Exhibition
USE THE MENU BAR AT THE TOP OF THIS APPLICATION TO REGISTER AND LOGIN